Dr. Naif Khalaf Alharbi
- Postdoctoral, Vaccine Development, University of Oxford, UK, 2016.
- Doctor of Philosophy (DPhil) in Clinical Medicine (Molecular Virology and Vaccinology), Oxford, UK 2015.
- Masters’ in Molecular Medical Microbiology, University of Nottingham, UK, 2010.
- Bachelors’ in Medical Microbiology, Qassim University, Saudi Arabia, 2006.
- Certificates of training in Vaccinology, Immunology, Vaccine Biomanufacturing, Oxford, UK
- Director, Vaccine Development Unit, KAIMRC.
- Director, Research Quality Management, KAIMRC.
- Head, Research Biosafety Office, KAIMRC.
- Research Scientist, Infectious Diseases, KAIMRC.
- Visiting Fellow, the Jenner Institute, University of Oxford (2018 – 2021).
- PI on several vaccine, virology, and immunology research projects: incl. animal and clinical trial research.
- Co-developed a MERS vaccine (ChAdOx1-MERS): Leading its evaluation in camel trials and human phase I trial (incl. trial conduct and regulation pathways).
- Member in :- CEPI Vaccine TaskForce for standardisation of assays
– International Society of Vaccines
– Research Committees: incl. Research Animal Ethics; Research Misconduct;
Research Credentialing; Research Funding; Research Management;
– National biosafety lab committee.
– National scientific committee for COVID-19 vaccines.
– Judging committee for a number of national research Contests and Olympics.
- Patent: 4 patents on vaccine development (2 registered & 2 under submission).
- Publications (incl in-press): ~ 18.
- Ten years experience in vaccine development: incl. vaccine tissue culture, small scale production, vaccine QC, vaccine regulations, vaccine preclinical and clinical trial lab
- Collaboration with several international vaccine institutes.